Director, Business Development
Position: Director, Business Development
Location: Tenafly, New Jersey
Who We Are
A leading destination for marketers, PTG specializes in consumer engagement and nonconscious measurement techniques. By revealing what consumers can’t articulate, PTG translates its deeper understanding of human behavior into tactics that amplify creative performance, refine product marketing strategies and influence consumer activities.
Uniquely qualified to measure visual information the brain wants, PTG’s patented Saccadic Eye Movement Recording technology inconspicuously captures consumers’ second-by-second engagement to advertising and marketing stimuli in highly contextual, real-world environments. The company’s comprehensive perspective and trusted interpretation of brand communications provide clients with the narrative insights needed to make smarter and better informed business decisions.
PTG is privately owned and headquartered in Tenafly, New Jersey.
PTG is looking to hire a charismatic and dynamic Director of Business Development, responsible for leading business development efforts against a set list of national accounts. This is a high growth business executing on expansion plans with a clear blueprint for the future. The candidate will be familiar with creative pretesting and communications testing and shopper research. Must be able to understand and communicate company credentials, be entrepreneurial and think intelligently and creatively about client objectives. Ideal candidate should have very strong communications (written and oral) skills and be comfortable with the prospect of building business from the ground floor, focusing on front end sales activities. Specific responsibilities include:
- Achieve the sales goal set for the client development function
- Achieve the designated milestones related to contacts (i.e. calls, emails, meetings) that we know leads to achievement of the sales goal
- Learn PTG technology, approaches, solutions and processes
Creatively and enthusiastically present PTG’s technology, approaches and solutions to prospective clients
- Provide business updates to your manager as agreed upon
- Work with the PTG team to meet internal goals and external client satisfaction and objectives
- 6+ years industry related experience with a proven track record of revenue growth in a sales/business development role
- Knowledge of the research industry and a detailed understanding of its clients
- Ability to retain and communicate PTG technology, solutions and approaches and speak intelligently about them to our clients
- Team player with the ability to foster internal relationships to help achieve goals
- Engaging oral and written presentation skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and efficient
- Fun, entrepreneurial spirit who shares excitement around selling research that leads to high client satisfaction
PTG is very much a performance based organization focused on growth and rewarding individuals that contribute to our vision of expansion. This role will be compensated via a mix of base salary and commission tied to business growth objectives. The exact mix of salary and bonus will be determined by quality of fit, functional expertise, experience as well as level of potential contribution.
To apply for this position please submit your resume to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.